Shopping When Stressed or Depressed

“Worry About It Later” coverImage via WikipediaStores of all kinds use quite a bit of psychology when it comes to colour, sound, smells and so on. They work hard to "trick" you into spending more. In a stressed or depressed state, you are more vulnerable and may be tricked into spending a lot more than you would in another mindset.

I found for many years that I shopped as a way of escaping my life or as a "pick me up" if I felt down. At these points I was much more immune to caution in terms of spending and much more likely to shop with reckless abandon. Kind of a "stick it on the credit card and worry about it later".

Shopping when stressed or depressed is a terrible way to save money and can get you into all kinds of problems.

Zemanta Pixie

No comments: