A Simple And Affordable Way To De-Pill Clothing

A heavy duty style safety razor.Image via WikipediaI have revamped a number of garments using this simple tip.

Use a disposable razor to de-pill older garments.

All you do is scrape the razor over the clothing. The blade collects the pilled fluff and leaves behind a much smoother appearing garment. You do need to clean the fluff from the blade regularly to get the best results.

I have given a number of my own clothing items a new lease on life with this tip.

It's also great for items of clothing that are picked up second hand.

In fact, I used it just a few days ago on a jumper I paid 20c for (for my daughter).

She now has a jumper that looks "near new" thanks to a handy little disposable razor.


Zemanta Pixie

1 comment:

ctb18 said...

This is how I found your site. My "no-pill" sweater lied to me! So, I was looking to see if anyone had come up with a great new way to de-pill clothes. The reviews on the electric clothes shavers were mixed and mostly negative, which was my experience years ago when I bought one. I am going to try this frugal solution.